Join our team.
Interested in a career with Forbes? Take a look at the open positions below, and feel free to contact us to learn more about what it’s like to work here.
Investment Banking Director
Forbes Partners is seeking applicants for a full-time, experienced Director.
About the firm:
Forbes Partners is an award-winning investment banking firm that assists leading middle-market companies with a broad range of financial and strategic alternatives, including sell-side and buy-side transactions and capital formation. Our success centers around our professionals taking the time to thoroughly understand our clients’ goals and then dedicating a senior team to deliver customized advisory services designed to best achieve them. We have earned a reputation in the market for not only having extensive M&A experience but also being passionate client advocates.
Recently Completed Transactions:
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity for high-performing professionals who are dedicated to personal and professional growth. Our employees gain valuable experience with a leading national boutique investment banking platform, while also living life to its fullest and enjoying all that the Rocky Mountains have to offer. At Forbes Partners you will get to know clients, capital providers, and centers of influence (e.g. lawyers, wealth advisors, accountants, etc.) on a personal level, an opportunity not typically available at a Wall Street firm. Further, analysts enjoy close-knit, mentoring relationships with senior bankers, including daily interactions and regular feedback from some of the industry’s most experienced dealmakers. The result is a truly gratifying experience that will propel you to success by learning from the best.
The firm’s camaraderie extends well beyond the office. Forbes Partners frequently sponsors activities for its employees, families, and industry partners. Some of those events have included company ski days, white water rafting adventures, curling tournaments, community service, and hiking 14ers.
Paid time off includes 21 vacation days, 6 flexible holidays, and 2 volunteer days.
All-in compensation ($300K – $1MM) with the ability to earn into high 7 figures and beyond through a small base salary, aggressive graduating and uncapped commission structure, plus discretionary company profit-sharing bonus.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for individuals who are inspired to help their colleagues and our clients thrive. The right candidate will recognize the importance and impact of each of our clients’ unique stories and want to help them execute detailed plans that achieve maximum results.
The right candidate values the following:
- A competitive compensation package, and comprehensive benefits.
- A challenging environment that requires continuous adaptability and effort.
- Inspiration from others and a desire to learn.
- On-going constructive feedback and an organization-wide 360 review process.
- A passionate, talented team dedicated to supporting the personal and professional growth of its members.
- A performance-driven culture where your experience, ideas, and efforts are valued.
- An opportunity to share in the growth of the firm and build something unique in the industry.
- A philosophy that a good work-life balance creates higher-quality professionals.
- Develop strong relationships with external centers of influence, industry participants, and the firm’s established referral partners
- Represent the firm at marketing and networking events to continue to expand market presence and secure new client relationships
- Proactively identify, qualify, and generate new prospect leads
- Assess client financial and personal needs and develop a needs-based solution framework that best services the client
- Serve as a transaction lead and point of contact to become the trusted transaction advisor, create a raving fan for life.
- Provide direction and vision for team members for client pitches, offering materials, models, management presentations, and other materials
- Responsible for driving and meeting timelines
- Mentor, lead, and develop junior team members
- Target a specific industry vertical and develop thought leadership in the targeted sector
- Participate in firmwide initiatives and other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; MBA, CFA, CPA or other advanced degrees/credentials desirable
- 7+ years of experience (including origination and execution experience)
- Fundamental understanding of core M&A concepts, including valuation methodologies, process dynamics, and legal deal terms
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven with the ability to manage diverse engagement teams and clients
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to succinctly express complex ideas both orally and in writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team-oriented, an ability to react to changes, and solve critical issues
- FINRA Series 79 and 63 required; Series 24 desirable
Interested applicants should expect the following process: (i) to undergo multiple rounds of interviews, including an in-person panel interview; (ii) to complete a comprehensive case study; (iii) to provide three work-related references; and (iv) to submit to a background check.
Please do not apply if you are unwilling or unable to participate in the above process.
Interested candidates, please submit resumes to:
The Forbes M+A Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
About Forbes Partners
Forbes exists to serve our clients and each other, to thrive while working smart and having fun. Our clients include sellers of private and publicly owned businesses, strategic buyers, and private investment group in the lower to middle markets. Our clients seek experts who can help them manage mergers and acquisitions, third-party sales, and equity recapitalizations; create ownership transition and management buyout plans; and assess alternatives for capital structures and shareholder liquidity.