James Morgan, Managing Director
James Morgan, a Managing Director at Forbes Partners, has focused on M&A and capital markets execution since 2000. He is known for his hands-on approach to the transaction process and along with strategic positioning, process dynamics and deal structure as they relate to ultimate valuation and closing.
Prior to joining Forbes Partners in 2019, James worked at a number of leading investment banks that include Scotia Capital, Citi and HSBC Securities in New York. His work in mergers & acquisitions has been focused on sell-side advisory, capital raising and cross-border advisory between North American and global markets. James’ long-standing transaction experience, knowledge across capital markets and sectors bring a breadth of capabilities to ownership and management teams seeking strategic, transformational solutions. Recently closed transaction experience has included processes across industrial, after-market powersports, utility services, packaging, business services and consumer industries.
James and his family reside in Salt Lake City. He is active as chair of the Alliance of M&A Advisors’ Utah Chapter, board member of the Alta Club and active participant with ACG Utah and MountainWest Capital Network.
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Business Services
- Transportation & Logistics
- Paper & Packaging
- Flow Equipment
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Services
Education & Certifications
- B.A., Honors Business Administration, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- Juris Doctor/ Master of Business Administration, University of British Columbia
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Allard School of Law Rugby Award, Founder
- St. Andrew’s College Association
- MountainWest Capital Network, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Utah Chapter Member
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA) – Utah Chapter, Executive Chapter Committee